Register description in accordance with Finnish law, chapters 10 and 24 of the Personal Data Act (523/1999).
1. Register holder
Finnish Ice Hockey Association (address: Veturitie 13H, 00240 Helsinki)
2. Name of register
Finnish Ice Hockey Association´s volunteer register for the 2023 IIHF World Championship, Organising Committee Latvia.
3. Purpose of processing personal data
The personal data of users may be processed for the following purposes:
- recruiting people for voluntary work,
- marketing events,
- building organisations of people for events,
- planning work shifts,
- communications of events,
- communications sent by event partners,
- realising a service,
- verifying usage actions,
- developing customer service and business in e.g. surveys,
- third-party marketing (with a separate permission),
- analysing and compiling statistics,
- opinion and market polls, and
- other corresponding purposes.
4. Data content of register
The register may contain the following information:
- contact details, such as name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses,
- registration information such as username, screen name, password, and other possible identifying data,
- date of birth, sex, rank or profession, and first language,
- clothing, shoe sizes,
- level of education and language skills,
- interest towards different event functions (competition, media, customer service, etc.),
- potential permits and consents,
- other potential information collected with the customer's permission.
5. Primary sources of information
The information concerning the customer is primarily obtained:
- from the customer when registering for events, by telephone, with a form, via email, or other similar method,
- with the help of cookies or similar technology
6. Primary data disclosure and data transfer outside the EU or the European Economic Area
Data will not be disclosed outside the services of the Finnish Ice Hockey Association and the 2023 IIHF WM Latvian Local Organising Committee. Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Union unless considered necessary to secure the technical implementation of the Finnish Ice Hockey Association or their affiliate.
7. Rights of a registered individual
Right to review and correct
A registered individual has the right to review their personal information saved in the register. Any contacts regarding the right to review should be made in writing and signed to the address stated in section 1. If there are errors in the registered information, the registered individual may send a request to the address stated in section 1 concerning the correction of the error.
Right to prohibit
A registered individual has the right to prohibit the register holder from processing their personal data for the purposes of direct advertising, distance marketing, and other direct marketing, market and opinion polls, other personal registers, and genealogy studies. A registered individual may contact the customer service via email to email@example.com regarding prohibitions and corrections.
8. Principles of register security
There are no manual materials.
Electronically saved data
Only the employees who are professionally entitled to process customer data are allowed to use the system containing customer data. Each user has their own username and password. The data is collected in databases protected by firewalls, passwords, and other technical measures. The databases and their backups are located in locked facilities and the data can only be accessed by certain predetermined individuals.